Telephony manufacturer Xorcom (Phoenix, AZ) has released its upgraded Asterisk-based VoIP PBX for small businesses, the XR1000. With a new panel design and upgraded software, the stand-alone, low-end XR1000 PBX system has improved stability to handle up to 50 users and ten concurrent calls.
Asterisk, the open-source software for PBX systems with Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP), is industry-agnostic, says Ruth Bridger, vice president of marketing at Xorcom. “It works in hotels, hospitals, schools, anywhere. Small businesses with partners scattered around the globe often spend a lot of money on international calls. But with an Asterisk-based VoIP PBX, you can pick up and dial a three-digit number to reach them quickly and for much less expense.”
The XR1000 supports various telephony-port combinations, including foreign exchange station (FXS), foreign exchange office (FXO), and basic-rate-interface integrated-services-digital network (BRI ISDN), for a total of up to 16 analog phone ports and up to eight BRI IDSN ports. Powered by a Celeron 1.2-GHz processor and featuring 4 GB of storage, the server is pre-loaded with the open-source Elastix Asterisk distribution and supports standard Internet upgrades, making it a cost-effective solution for the long term, unlike other telephony appliances that use proprietary technology.
- Handles up to 50 users and ten concurrent calls
- Serves up to eight digital or 16 analog lines/extensions
- Supports SIP and IAX2 phones and trunks
- Input/Output ports for auxiliary appliances such as door locks or alarm systems
- Single-device system for reliability and ease of installation
- Free installation help and one-year product warranty from Xorcom
- Optional USB backup for secure system restore
The upgraded XR1000 units are available through Xorcom’s worldwide distribution channel.
- The open-source telephony platform contributes to savings of up to 40% over conventional PBX systems.
- Product configurator wizard enables easy custom price quote.
Asterisk-based VoIP-PBX system can save up to 40%,